Friday, October 16, 2009

Plies Discusses Beef With T-Pain: ‘I’mma Take The High Road’

2008-12-20 - Plies and T-PainFlorida rapper Plies apparently has some sort of beef going on with his T-Pain, but hasn't really addressed it. If you remember, T-Pain appeared alongside Plies on his first hit single, "Shawty," back in 2007. But, for reasons unknown to us, the pair hasn't been on the best of terms.
Pain apparently called the rapper "disrespectful," and to take things further, allegedly said he'd leave a certain performance if Plies was to perform before him.
In a recent interview with Tampa 98.7 radio show called "Orlando and the Freakshow," Plies shedded some light the alleged "beef" and the claims that he's "disrespectful."

"I think I'm probably the most respectful artists in the business and the game," Plies said on the air. "That's how I live my life. Unfortunately, when you experience this success, people don't embrace it the same way. It's been several dudes who have put me into their situation, and I'mma take the high road every time because I understand how important that is ... I have a bigger picture I'm trying to accumulate on a national level."
While Plies doesn't specify the root of the tension between the two, he does, indirectly, credit his success as part of the problem.
"There's no manual with being, what I like to call, semi-successful. Unfortunately, when you become semi-successful, people want you to live your live the way they want you to live it. For me, I've never been that person," the rapper said.
Plies said that at the present moment, while he's enjoying success, he refuses to focus on the ever-present rap beefs. However, he does say that one day, he might air out all the industry confrontations. Just not today.
"One day, if it's God's will, and I'm not hot anymore, I'mma address all of this," Plies said. "But while I'm lukewarm right now, I ain't got time to deal with it."
Despite the situation, Plies thanked Pain for helping him launch his career, and simply said that, at times, communication isn't there, and that complicates things.
However, he still considers the auto-tune master one of the best in the game today, and questioned why he hasn't received the recognition he deserves.
To me, I feel Pain is one of the most talented individuals that a lot of us have every came across in this business," said Plies. "I tell people all the time, in his defense, for a dude to be on 40 records, for a dude to be a monster at radio like he has been, for a dude who's experienced the success he's experiencing in this short time frame, you never have seen Pain on the cover of a magazine. I feel it's because people don't respect what he's brought to this industry. I always been a fan..."

No comments:

Post a Comment